Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Technology in the Classroom

For this blog entry, I hunted down a website dealing with technology and special education. This website can be found at www.techlearning.com.

This was a nifty website. Some of the links that can be found include Digital Learning Environments, Model Intelligent Classrooms, and 21st Century Connections. The websites that you can link to are full of great ideas and lots of inspiration. However, at techlearning.com, I found one article that I particularly liked. The article was entitled "Assisting the Special Needs Student Through Technology". A direct link to this article can be found here. This article reminded me so much of what was covered in our technology classes through Pacific. However, I found it to be a great reminder of how common technology can be a great help to our students, and how some of the most basic programs can be utilized in many, many ways. If you look at the article, there is a great table that gives suggestions for different technologies that can be used with students who have various disabilities. I found this table to be one of the most interesting aspects of the article. The suggestions listed seemed like common sense (but, as we all know, sometimes it's the simple things that we don't think of right away).

Anyway, I found this website and this article to be quite interesting, and hope that it can be helpful or interesting to someone else as well. :-)

3 comments:

Eric Urban said...

interesting resource. What tech do you think you will use for your own resources and what tech will your students use?

Jamie said...

The article is an excellent resource. Do you have any idea what kind of technology you will have (Or not have 8) next year?

I rather be playing... said...

I liked the link you provided, the table #1 was something I needed to revisit. There was some useful information.